Pages

25 May 2011

Twisted and sick of it

It's been almost a month and a half since I've blogged - I think that's the longest since I started this thing...

I had not been doing great for the last about four weeks. Last month I sprained my wrist and it was diagnosed as a stress fracture. It is the very first time I had to undergo something like this; where you have so much time that you can actually even listen to the few birds that are left in this metropolis.

My wrist had been all wrapped up in a cast and the doctor advised me to keep it like that for two weeks, the two weeks went by quietly and I had the cast removed and an x-ray done and when everything was looking better I had to re-do the cast again as my wrist had not properly healed and was hurting bad.

Healing has been a long and slow road. As of May 24, the joint has fused sufficiently to allow for weight bearing/low to medium impact activity, and I have been cleared to start working a few hours at a time.

Being temporarily disabled has given me plenty of time to reflect on my life and everything I want to do—and how much time I have wasted NOT doing what I should be doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment