Pages

17 Jul 2011

Rain to the resque

The rain gods opened up over the Delhi sky this week and I was finally able to move forward with my inner tyre tubes which have been quietly siting for more than a month now. Though it has been raining quite consistently during the monsoon season this year, but somehow whenever I was home or had free time it was eluding me.

It was way easier to wash them on the open roof top rather than my last attempt in a confined space. I still did not know what exactly to expect as this was my first time doing something like this. Though it went fairly well but I did learn a few tricks during the whole course and will incorporate them next time so as to make things a little easier.

Cleaning the tubes up was just not that simple and easy as I had thought it would be, it took me a few hours to clean 6 odd tubes. Of course the next time it will be a bit faster as I will not be doing all the experimentation I did this time around.

Here are some more pictures of the whole exercise.
I had seven big tubes in this sack and it weighed over 50 kilos

Scrubbing them to break the black tyre dust

A cloth was too soft for them, so here comes the hard brush

more scrubbing

even more scrubbing

Final rinse with fresh water 

Set out to drip and dry



No comments:

Post a Comment